The new FG800 models have been developed based on our extensive research as well as feedback from players and industry experts. We found that lots of things didn’t need to be touched – but there was a consistent theme: guitarists wanted to go back towards the original FG180 sound with just a little more volume; a little more bass; a little more oomph.
Combining our luthiers’ experience with state of the art structural acoustic analysis, we developed an even deeper understanding of how internal structure affects a guitar’s voice, and how the original FG180 sounded so incredible. From there, we engineered a new design which both captures and enhances that classic tone.
One result of this unique approach is a totally new scalloped bracing pattern. It gives our FG800 Series more volume, more projection, more low end and a bigger tone for the player – everything we set out to do. In addition, the new bracing pattern moves the resonant centre much closer to the middle of the guitar, with a big impact on both the tone and the feel to the player.
- Traditional Western
- Scale Length 650mm (25 9/16″)
- Body Length 505mm (19 7/8″)
- Total Length 1038mm (40 7/8″)
- Body Width 412mm (16 1/4″)
- Body Depth 100-118mm (3 15/16″- 4 5/8″)
- Nut Width 43mm (1 11/16″)
- Top Material Solid Spruce
- Back Material Nato/Okume
- Side Material Nato/Okume
- Neck Material Nato
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius R400mm (23 5/8″)
- Bridge Material Rosewood
- Nut Material Urea
- Saddle Material Urea
- Bridge Pins Black ABS with White Dot
- Tuners Die-cast Chrome(TM29T)
- Body Binding Black
- Soundhole Inlay Black + White
- Pickguard Tortoise Pattern (Black for BL color variation)
- Body Finish Gloss
- Neck Finish Matt
- Electronics None
- Controls None
- Color Natural, Black, Brown Sunburst, Sand Burst
- Accessories Hex Wrench
- Case None
There are no inquiries yet.